Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dreams

Many people believe that our dreams show us what is in our subconscious. Things that sometimes we are either unwilling to admit we desire, or things that we thought were resolved. I recently had a dream that made me realize that I have missed out on something I once assumed I would have. Over the years I had come to terms with the fact that due to certain situations beyond my control I would never have everything I once desired. Not getting everything I once wanted used to bother me, but I had long ago realized that it is really for the best, and I was okay with this and have become content.
I am not one to usually give up on something I truly want, but I am accustomed to compromise. Too often people give up on their dreams and don't fight for what their heart really wants. My dream reminded me though that I have compromised long enough, and if I still truly desire something it is possible again, if I am willing to work for it. All worthy dreams are work, but worth the work. What my dream was about is not what is important to this post. What I am trying to express in this post is that people should not give up on dreams. Dreams are important to a person's happiness and what is truly in someone's heart. Giving up on your dreams can make you bitter and resentful. While some people seem to thrive on unhappiness, I am betting that most people would prefer a happy, peaceful and loving life.
Now that i have again admitted that I once had a dream here is something I must do about it. I don't really believe in new years resolutions, mostly because people make them and then don't follow through with them. This year, however, I would like to make a life resolution to always attempt to follow my dreams and do my best to make my dreams come true. I am also not going to wait until January first to start working on my dream, or planning out how I need to go about achieving this long lost dream.
Now in the spirit of the season, I wish everyone happy holidays, merry Christmas, happy Chanukah, kwanza, Yule, and any other holiday that you practice this time of year if I forgot one. Please remember to treat each other with respect, especially yourself. It is important to always give attention to your own desires, wishes, and needs, especially during the holidays.

No comments: