I suppose it has been long enough since I posted last. I have been so busy with school that I haven't had much time for anything other than studying. Between making a million flashcards to get A's on my Biology tests and trying to cope with the fact that more than half of my communications group is illiterate, I haven't had much time to just sit down and relax. Today is my half relaxation day though. I have still been doing homework and cleaning, but I feel like I have been able to go at my own pace, with plenty of time left in the day.
I'm still sticking with my good eating habits and exercising as much as I can. A friend and I are even going to a belly dancing class that just started Monday. I finally made the chicken pot pie casserole that I had been planning. It turned out pretty good and now we have leftovers for a week now. I have split pea soup planned again for Thursday because that was too good to go without for long. While focusing on eating healthy in hopes that I will continue to lose weight I have been wanting dessert, naturally. There are of course the desserts of fruit that I could eat, like apples sauté in butter with cinnamon and stevia sprinkled on top, but the whole point of me putting my thoughts in these posts is an attempt to discover a new way to cook the same old meals in a healthier way. I strive for a balance between healthy, yummy, and a variety in all things I eat, this includes desserts. So my hunt for a healthy dessert took me to the frozen dessert section in the grocery store. I found the richest ice cream in the world, SO Delicious Coconut Milk ice cream. Instead of being made with cream it is made with coconut milk, which makes it super creamy and a hint of coconut flavor, but not enough for those that may dislike coconut. The saturated fat is pretty high, but it is coconut fat instead of animal fat. Then there is the fact that this ice cream is completely organic. I have only tried the mint chip and chocolate, but for now those are good enough for me on occasion. If you are worried about the saturated fat levels then there are always the soy milk versions of this ice cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment