So I finally made the chili recipe that I placed on my recipes page and I'm a little disappointed. I usually make my chili from scratch, raw beans and all, but I am trying to plan my menu around foods that are very simple to make in order to keep myself away from foods I shouldn't be eating. The chili turned out more like soup though, but i had also not used pork roast in the past. I normally use lean ground beef that does not add much liquid to the chili, along with the raw beans that absorb any liquid in the pan, while creates a nice thick chili.
The foods that I have added to my menu along with exercising on a daily basis are definitely working for me. I have lost all the pounds that I gained at the Renaissance Faire. Hopefully this weight loss can keep going. Along with my regular exercise routine, I have tried Zumba. I am now a fan. I didn't start with the disc with the steps broken down, but I would recommend that to someone that may have trouble picking up steps quickly. I went straight to one of the 30 min workouts to try it and see if it would become a regular for me. It was definitely easier on my joints than my regular Bollywood workout, which has a fair amount of jumping around. While my heart rate did not elevate as much as it does with the Bollywood workout, I did work up a sweat. I wasn't sure that I got much of a workout until the next day. My back muscles were all kinds of sore, a good sore. Now I may need to go back and forth between the Zumba and the Bollywood workouts as my main cardio. Maybe if I do the 60 min Zumba workout my heart rate will elevate enough for a good cardio workout along with the muscle workout that it gives.
The foods that I have been making have left us with so many leftovers that I haven't had to cook that much lately, but today I am going to make a dish I like to call Bacon and Ham Wrapped Chicken, which I have placed on my recipes page. I would normally make this dish with a side of rice for the sauce that I'd created, but today I am making cauliflower, the healthier choice. I haven't decided what I am making next week, but I am thinking of Crust Less Pot Pie and some more Split Pea Soup. The Crust Less Pot Pie will present a problem. The best part of a pot pie is the buttery flaky crust. I even save the crust for last so that I can savor just the flavor of the crust. My version will probably need to be turned into a casserole with cheese, but I will have to think on it for a bit. Everything is better with cheese.
3 comments:
Top the pot pie with bacon. Everything is even better with bacon.
We will see about the bacon. I will have to figure the recipe out and change it around since there will be no crust to absorb the sauce.
I am glad you like zumba. At the gym we do 55 minute segments and I can leave there ringing water out of my pony tail. The heartrate after 55 minutes is great!
Post a Comment